Frequently Asked Questions
If I want to move to The Manor at York Town what is the process?
We have helped many people move to The Manor at York Town over 17 years and can help you have a smooth transition. Once you choose our beautiful community as your new home we go through the following steps:
- Decide on an available apartment home with the help of Courtney Gawthrop, Director of Sales & Marketing. Courtney will work with you to match your preferences and budget goals to the perfect apartment home for you.
- You can then reserve your chosen apartment home with a one-time, reservation and application fee of $1,000.
• The next step is the completion of a financial application. This simple one page application is for your benefit and peace of mind for securing your future.
- Next is a simple health screening which includes a health information form we send to your physician, and a visit with our nurse either at the community or at your house, whichever is more convenient for you.
- Typically 10 days after reservation of the apartment home (once the financial and health screenings are approved), we complete the contract for your new home with you. A $5,000 down-payment toward your monthly service fee is due at the date of the contract signing.
- Move-in is typically scheduled for 60-days from the contract date and the one-time entrance fee is paid at the time of your move-in date.
Why should I move to a retirement community?
Our residents find that our focus on customer service and the convenience of having so many amenities makes them feel special and gives them the freedom to truly enjoy a carefree retirement. People living at The Manor tend to live longer, healthier, happier lives as they no longer have the worries of house ownership and all the responsibilities that go with it. Moving to our active independent living retirement community offers you opportunities for friendship, recreation and learning you won’t get if you stay in your house.Close
Why should I move to a retirement community now?
The best time to move is while you’re active, healthy and able to enjoy everything The Manor has to offer. People who wait until they’re facing a health problem have fewer options. They’re forced to make a decision in a time of stress. Don’t postpone it if you want a truly carefree retirement. No one has ever said they regret moving to The Manor, but many people wish they had done it sooner!Close
What is independent living?
Residents of The Manor enjoy active and vibrant lifestyles. At The Manor you can maintain your independence on a daily basis and don’t have to worry about cooking or cleaning if you don’t want to. You’ll have neighbors that share similar interests and make the most out of their retirement. Find out more on our website lifestyles page.Close
What if my healthcare needs change as I age?
The Manor at York Town is a proud member of the Liberty Lutheran family of services, which provides access to health services and all levels of care. At The Manor, our residents appreciate our commitment to helping them maintain their independence by remaining in their apartment home as long as possible. If your healthcare needs change, our on-site Healthcare Concierge works closely with our home care agency, Liberty at Home to help you to coordinate supportive services so you can age in place. The Liberty at Home in-home support team works with you to meet your preferences, schedules and needs. In fact, residents of The Manor receive ten (10) free hours of in-home support through Liberty at Home, and discounted rates thereafter.
We’re focused on meeting your healthcare needs as they arise Find out more on our website services page.Close
What is Liberty Lutheran?
Liberty Lutheran’s mission is to provide vital resources for individuals and families facing life-changing situations--was established 100 years ago. We continue to faithfully live this mission through our commitment to strengthen relationships between individuals who need to be lifted up and those who are led to share their gifts. Just as importantly, we remain dedicated to principles of justice, mercy, health and wholeness to sustain these relationships.
Liberty impacts the health and well-being of more than 10,000 senior adults. We welcome you to discover how we can make a difference in your life or that of a loved one--whether you wish to learn more about our family of services, want to volunteer your time and talent to help us enrich the lives of those we serve, or explore how you can help us to sustain our dedicated service to elders and vulnerable individuals through giving opportunities.
In addition to The Manor at York Town, the Liberty family of services includes: Paul’s Run, The Hearth at Drexel, Artman, The Village at Penn State, The Becoming Center, Liberty at Home, Liberty Hospice, LCFS’ West Philadelphia Senior Community Center, and Lutheran Congregational Services. All of our services and communities are non-denominational.Close
Is it easy to make friends at The Manor at York Town?
Absolutely. Look at our calendar of events; you’re sure to find activities, programs and trips geared to your interests. That’s where you’ll meet other residents who will become fast friends. In addition to our beautiful setting, superior amenities, and world class service, our residents will tell you that the spirit of friendship is what really defines our way of life.Close
Are pets allowed?
Yes, dogs and cats are allowed. We only ask that you respect the rights of neighbors and other members who might not have them. Some restrictions do apply so please consult with our Director of Sales and Marketing for details.Close
What does it cost to live at The Manor at York Town?
Following a one-time entrance fee, a monthly service fee provides an all-inclusive package of benefits. Your monthly service fee is based on the type of apartment home you chose. We offer a wonderful selection of apartment home choices that will meet both your lifestyle and financial goals.Close
What is included in the monthly service fee?
Monthly service fees vary depending on your accommodations but are truly all-inclusive and encompass:
- A one-car garage and private storage locker.
- Utilities, including electric and basic cable TV service with 150+ channels.
- A generous $450 per person monthly meal allowance, which can be used for meals in the dining room, entertaining guests, “take-out” or “room service”.
- Housecleaning twice monthly and a thorough annual cleaning.
- Concierge services to assist with daily personal activities and planning.
- Scheduled local transportation.
- Building security and 24-hour emergency maintenance service.
- Full use of the indoor pool and Fitness Center, with a Fitness Director/Personal Trainer available for individual attention and instruction as well as daily group fitness classes.
- Free Becoming Center membership. Our premier fitness center located in Ambler on the Artman campus (transportation is available, with no additional fee).
- Private access to walking trails in a tranquil community park setting.
- Use of all of The Manor’s community areas including reading nooks, computer center with complementary printers and free Wi-Fi, hair salon (fee for service), game room, fireside parlor, activity room, coffee shop, club room/lounge, woodshop, train room and more.
- Healthcare Concierge services – an RN who can help you coordinate in-home health or companion services on a fee for service basis as well as coordinate assisted living/personal care, skilled nursing, short-term rehabilitation services and emergency alert devices.
- A full calendar of educational, social, and recreational programs.
What is the one-time entrance fee?
It covers your residence and the use of everything our community has to offer. You can think of it like a membership to an exclusive resort. Many residents of The Manor have used proceeds from the sale of their house to pay the entrance fee. We offer two types of entrance fee plans for your convenience, giving you the ability to choose the plan that best fits your financial goals. The main difference between the two plans is the structure of the refund should you leave the community:
- The most popular plan is our low entrance fee fully amortizing plan. You pay less up front giving you the freedom to retain and control the management of more of your assets.
- We also offer a 90% refundable plan which provides an extra measure of asset preservation.
Your monthly service fee stays the same, based on the type of residence you select, regardless of the entrance fee plan you choose. Entrance fees reflect area housing costs. They are guaranteed not to increase once you make a deposit on your new apartment home.Close
How can I be sure to get the accommodation I want?
The Manor at York Town has fifteen unique apartment home floor plans, so you have the choices that works best for you. Our apartment homes are large and packed with amenities giving you greater lifestyle benefits and value. If the apartment home you desire is not available, you can become a member of The Manor’s Priority Club to ensure your positon for the next available residence of your choice. Priority Club Members also receive other great benefits. See our Director of Sales and Marketing for more information or to find out what’s available.Close
Can I afford The Manor at York Town?
The Manor offers a variety of options for a wide range of budgets. Our residents feel The Manor’s pricing options to be a good value, especially with all the many inclusions in the monthly services fees. See our Director of Sales and Marketing to learn what apartment home and pricing plan options can work best for your lifestyle and budget goals.Close
Are garages available?
We are proud to be the only community in this area that offers a one-car garage with each apartment home. Our garages are conveniently located and are accessible via a private resident entrance. The garage offers you the convenience of being able to keep your car out of the elements, while also offering additional storage space. The garage is included in your monthly service fee.Close
What is the policy for visitor and overnight guests?
This is your home! Your children, grandchildren, other family members and friends are always welcome. Overnight guests can stay in your apartment home. Our Concierge can also help with arranging local hotel accommodations for your guests.Close
What are the entrance requirements?
To become a resident of The Manor at York Town, you must be at least 55 years old and able to live independently. Contact our Director of Sales and Marketing for more details.Close
For more information, click here to contact us online or please feel free to call 877-241-1532.